Womenade Boston Grant Application Process
Late March and April
Letters of Inquiry due
Full grant proposal invitations issued
Grant proposals due
Proposal review and site visits to applicants
Grant finalists notified
Meeting of the Womenade Boston membership to vote on grant recipients for the year
Grant-making has concluded for 2017 and the 2018 schedule will be updated and published in the fall of 2017. Please check back then for information about our 2018 grant schedule.
An outline of our past process is included, below, to provide a general understanding of our schedule, which is subject to change when our 2018 guidelines are published.
1. Letter of Inquiry
Letters of Inquiry are accepted on a rolling basis until mid-January.
Womenade Boston Letter of Inquiry (LOI) Guidelines
Please provide the following information. Letters of Inquiry should span no more than 3 pages.
- A brief background statement about the applicant, including its history, mission, and the size of the organization.
- A description of how you intend to use the funds and the rationale for investing the funds in that way. Be sure to mention the research or experience that supports the effort. If you are a large organization applying for funding for a program or project that falls within the Womenade budget guidelines, briefly explain why new funding for the project is needed.
- If applying for support of a project, describe the proposed project and how that project enables the organization to meet its goals;
- If applying for operating support for capacity building support, describe how this support will enable the organization to fulfill its mission and further its objectives.
- A preliminary budget outlining how the funds will be used to support the project/program.
NEW Instructions for LOI Submission
LOI submissions must include the following elements combined into a single PDF file:
1. Program/project description as outlined in the guidelines above (no more than 3 pages in length)
2. An LOI checklist: Click HERE to download the checklist
3. Preliminary budget: Click HERE to download the preliminary budget template
The title of the file submitted MUST read: [full organization name] 2017 Womenade LOI.pdf.
The completed Womenade Boston Letter of Inquiry, LOI Checklist and preliminary budget should be submitted electronically to the Evaluation Committee in mid-January. All submissions will be acknowledged via email within 1 week of submission.
Womenade Boston reserves the right to disqualify a Letter of Inquiry for any reason, including a missed deadline or incomplete information.
2. Full Grant Proposal Submission
Select organizations that submit Letters of Inquiry will be invited to submit a full Grant Proposal.
NEW Instructions for Full Grant Proposal Submission
Full proposal submissions must include the following elements combined into a single PDF file:
1. A completed 2017 Grant Proposal Form with attachments. Please note the list of required supporting documentation noted on the last page of the Grant Proposal Form. Click HERE to download the 2017 Grant Proposal Form. Applicants are asked to refrain from submitting materials beyond the required documentation as the extra material will not be considered in the application process.
2. A proposal budget. We strongly recommend that organizations use our budget template format, modified as necessary to accommodate any specifics of your organization. Click HERE to download the Womenade 2017 Proposal Budget Template.
The title of the file submitted MUST read: [full organization name] 2017 Womenade Proposal.pdf.
IN A SEPARATE FILE from the full grant proposal, applicants must submit a one-page summary of your organization and the project or program for which you are seeking funding. The title of the summary file submitted MUST read: [full organization name] 2017 Proposal Summary.pdf. Click HERE to download the Proposal Summary template. The Proposal Summary is due in mid-Febraury.
The completed Womenade Boston Grant Proposal Form and all required attachments (in a single PDF file) must be submitted electronically to the Evaluation Committee by in mid-March.
Applicants will receive acknowledgment of receipt of their Grant Proposal within one week of the submission deadline.
Womenade Boston reserves the right to reject a grant application for any reason, including a missed deadline or incomplete information.
3. Site Visit
The Womenade Boston Evaluation Committee will conduct site visits with some or all of the grant applicants. The objective of the site visit is to complete a general due diligence review and to investigate and resolve any remaining questions regarding the organization or the proposed program or project. Site visits require approximately two hours of dedicated time, and should involve the leadership of the organization and those who will be involved in the grant project. The Womenade Boston Evaluation Committee invites members of the giving circle to attend site visits with them to learn about our applicants first hand.
By mid-May, the Evaluation Committee will select and notify finalists in the grant making process.
4. Grant Making Meeting
In mid-June, Womenade Boston members meet to vote on grant recipients for the year. Information about each finalist is emailed to every Womenade Boston member before voting takes place. In addition, representatives from the finalist organizations are invited to make a 5 minute presentation to the membership regarding the organization and the initiative to be funded by the grant. Womenade Boston’s members then vote for the grant recipients for the year.
Terms of Grant:
Prior to receiving the grant money, the grant recipient must execute a Womenade Boston Terms of Grant document.
Click HERE to view the Womenade Boston Terms of Grant document.